new #s today

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
hey whats up guys, this is for the people that dont check out sf all the time-i got some #s for you. i did some 15 psi pulls on a Mustang Dyno today, and ended up with 335.5 hp@ 5500 rpms, and 342.4 torque@4000 rpms. i did that on a 57 trim with a divorced downpipe, 3.5 inch exhaust, full fuel system, da da da. the question i have is that the dyno shop said that on a regular dynojet dyno, the #s would be considerably higher-probably at least 380 to the wheels with that. what do you guys dyno on, and does anyone know how much of a difference the mustang vs dyno is in power(like % diff or whatever). I wanted to run more boost, but i didnt have race gas-oh well i dont drive with race gas on the street anyways. the a/f was around 11.2 throughout-pretty good for on the dyno-that should put me to about 11.8 on the street i hope. let me know what you guys think.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Nice numbers! I will be getting a 57 trim when my ct goes up. Can't wait, have heard nothing but good about that upgrade.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
from my understanding, mustang dynos usually show 15% less power than a dyno jet. both systems are valid, they just use different methods to measure and calculate power.

nice numbers!

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
ya but its a big diff in the #s-im wondering what most people use because 335 on a mustang, is about 385 on a dynojet-thats a big diff for the same cars ya know, and a big diff in bragging rights. there is a place that does dynojet by my house, i think i will dyno just to see if i can find out the % difference in the two. we will see whats up.