has anyone ever replaced the turn signal lever...

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
i was taking my dash out to paint it, and i accidently broke the turn signal lever completly off, like it ripped out and fell into the floor...now i can get one from my parts car, but i need to figure out how to swap it...any ideas?

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
You will have to replace both levers(head light/turn signals and the wiper/washers) as they are a unit. You need to remove the steering wheel. So start by taking out all the screws that hold everything on. Pull the steering wheel and follow the wires from the controls down underneath the steering column. You will also need to take out the panel where the crotch air vent is and dislodge the air duct to get to the plug. Should be pretty straight forward. Any more questions I can take some pictures if you need 'em.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
You don't need to swap both together, as they are NOT a complete unit (Toyota sells them seperately), but it is definitely the easiest way.

Basically take off the steering wheel, all the plastic on the column, and the plastic underneath, then it's just 4 screws and a single connector to get it off. :)

89%2Bstalks.jpg

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
:bowdown: Once again the almighty Jeff is correct. Upon closer inspection you can separate the levers. but good luck with that :ugh: