A-Pillar gauge power/light

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
I'm sure this has been covered here before, but it's either gone (most likely) or I can't find it. Can someone tell me the best practiced method of how the gauge ignition, light and ground are connected? Thanks!

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
Look for a fuse in the fuse box that turns on with ignition....hook that up to the power wire (red) on the gauge

Ground simply goes to a metal spot under the dash.

Light wire (white) could either go to the same wire as the ignition (it would turn on when ever the Key is to the on position) or you could tap into the Dimmer. To do this just get a multi meter and see witch wire drops the voltage when turning the Dimmer knob.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
make sure you get a GOOD ground. use a multimeter to find one. dont just pick anything under the dash. something that obviously goes right into the body of the car is good.

just be safe and learn how to use a multi meter. if you dont want to solder use solderless connectors and electrical tape to make sure your connections hold together.

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
My dimmer switch is missing? there's a spot where it should be but there where wires running to my boost gauge on my steering colum through the hole. What colour are the wires that go to the dimmer switch maybe I can find them and hook up a aftermarket one under the dash or something? :x:

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
Thanks for the feedback guys - all wired up.. I'll post more details later for the record.

In the meantime, jesh - I didn't realize these LoTek pillars were so bad. First, my 60mm gauges didn't fit, so I had to use a Dremel to make em fit. Second, the pillar itself isn't fitting well at all. Near the bottom half, it is buldging pretty bad near the windshield. I may go get a heat gun to see if I can make it fit better.

Anyone else have these problems, or is it just me?

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
i was under the impression that everyone used a heat gun to install there lotek pillar pods

i did, i also trimmed about a 1/4 inch off the very bottom end

john