Indiana Supras (meet June 3rd at IRP - be there!)

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Indiana meet June 3rd at IRP! $15 to race, $7 to spectate.

Rules:
http://www.irponline.com/HOME/RaceDivisions/TNSL/StreetDreamsRules.asp - make sure your battery is bolted down, and you have door handles on the outside of your car.

Directions:
http://www.irponline.com/HOME/IRPFanGuide/mapdirections.asp

Update:

Looks like we're going to be eating at Hooters on Saturday, too. 5:00pm at the Hooters on US 31 (That's Meridian St. for you Indianapolites). I will update again with more info and directions when I get it. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278282

Also, there is a good-sized Kentucky meet the same weekend. They will be racing with us at IRP on Friday, having a BBQ in Louiseville on Saturday, and dyno in Louiseville on Sunday. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279594&p=3054811

Lots of fun, folks!

Would anybody be interested in doing something here in Indy prior to 4:00pm on Saturday? Feel free to reply with ideas.

Last edited:

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Doh! That's what I get for copying/pasting from that other forum. Link fixed.

Run what ya got! If my Supra is down that week, I'll run my Intrepid. :)

Their rules aren't that strict -- the stuff I said before plus silly stuff like no broken windows, door handles have to work, etc. You have to have a helmet if you're faster than 13.99, but I think in our cars you have to have like 300+hp (more than the basic mods) to do that. And anyway, they won't kick you out for running faster than that without a helmet, they'll just tell you that you have to bring a helmet next time. :)

Morocco? As in that country near Spain? Nope.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
MDC: you can run, man :)

8. Battery cannot be in driver’s compartment and the battery must have 3/8 bolts to hold it in place.

That means it can't be in the passenger seat. My battery isn't bolted down -- I'll try to go next week to see if they give me crap for it.

9. Batteries that are relocated in the trunk must have external cut off switch to the rear of the vehicle labeled "CUT OFF."

"in the trunk" -- doesn't apply to stock battery location.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
My batt is in a sealed/vented box in the rear hatch, as well as my fuel cell, but I don't have the firewall in yet. Also, my door handles are shaved. Lastly, I'd be running in the 12's without any trouble, so I bet they'll want to nitpick.

Morocco is in Western Indiana, and the tech is minimal. They do a street chaos every month or so on Friday nights which entails side bets and trap times not shown on the board. There are some amazing street cars there every time.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Oh yeah, guess this did need to be reposted. I've been up to my eyeballs in "other than Supra" projects. Damn Chevy's... Anywho, you know I'll be there. I ran into an old buddy... he's got a new Celica with TRD/Unorthodox everything pretty much. I'm sure I'll have no prob beating him (in the green car). Still looking forward to this.

Whats the name of this other track? I'd be willing to drive if more cars are gonna be showing up. Whatever the masses wants.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Hehe... fast Celica vs. Supra, this should be interesting. :)

Oi... I'm about to get up to my eyeballs in working on my Supra very soon. I ran the wires from Vf and E1 today -- it turns out I'm actually running quite _rich_. The thing almost stayed pegged at 5v.... wtf is wrong with my car? :confused: :confused: :confused:

And the bitch of it is, every time some who is experienced at working on cars rides in or drives her, she runs perfect.

Urgh... stupid cars. I swear this thing is getting to be like an attention-hungry girlfriend. :/

U

under_r8d

US 41 Int'l Dragway
Morocco, IN
219-285-2200
IHRA, 1/4 mile

Heres the phone #..Yes this track high 8 low 9 sec rides all day along on the right night..Pretty sure there open wednesday,friday,satuday and sundays.Fridays are heads up ( nO tree) street chaos racing..very different.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
^^^^under_r8d you rock! Great info! On the street choas nights you just have them write N/C on your window and noone will know your time but you and the guy running the tree in the tower. They used to start you with a flashlight, but it doesn't happen too often anymore.

U

under_r8d

No prob..Yea the n/c cars are always fun to watch ..saw a fwd turbo civic (tubbed/wheelie bars..whole 9 ) blow a brand 04 vette away last year..the civic ran in the very low tens..was quite funny since the vette guy was dick..L8r.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
My MKIII is running rich-cracked hose. Dealer is also on crack.... they want $100 for the lower boost hose, screw that. Anyone have a hardpipe kit they wanna get rid of?

Also, I ran an SRT-4 today, they're going to IRP May 13 and I'll probably cruise up and check that out. Never really got to race the d00d from a stop, but Id say running 15+ lbs, he woulda killed me. and it's a Neon.... :(

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Dunno, man -- if your MKIII is stock he'd probably take you, but you've got the traction advantage -- transfer of weight is working against him. I think stock SRT-4s run like high 13s or low 14s stock? *shrug*

Like I said in MDC's thread, y'all have a knack for picking days I work. I work every Friday. :p

I figured out my problem.. suspected it all along. I reset my computer and read again, and it read right on the money -- neither rich nor lean. After I drove it a while, it started running rich again. So just for shits and giggles I pulled the fuel-level bob and looked down in my tank -- the sieve on my fuel pump is caked in rust already. :/

I'm guessing what is happening is that its getting starved for gas and detonating just a little (I haven't heard it), and retarding the timing and dumping extra gas to compensate.

New gas tank from Toyota=$445. Bleh.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Eriol, I have a VERY NICE tank fs along with all other related items. The only thing missing is a fuel pump.

Matt, bring the car over and Carl could whip you up a nice lower hardpipe. That or I could get you a Toyota one. With the small cost difference I think you should just get Carl to make you one.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
I'll talk to him later today and see what I can get set-up as far as time and cost. You'll just need a 2.5 inch pipe from the turbo to i/c, right? Is mild steel ok with you or do you want SS? Stainless will cost about twice what mild will, but you won't have to paint it later. Also, we'd have to order SS, we have mild in stock. When's the soonest you want to come?