Oversize Oil Filter Part Number

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
I remember seeing a thread for this before the hack, does anyone remember what car the oversize filter we can use in the stock location came out of? From what I recall it was several cars and the filter fit perfectly while still being almost 50% bigger than the stocker!

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Hmm no, it was something like a 90-95 mercury? I honestly can't for the life of me recall what cars it came from (there were about 3 or 4 listed in the thread) but it fit perfectly in the stock location yet was much bigger than our regular filter...

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I use filters made for pretty much any 80's-90s VW Golfs, Jetta's. They are the same diameter but about 1-2 " longer and they also have a built in bypass valve like the stock one. They fit great. The Purolator part number is L 20252. I think that number crosses over to Fram, Quaker state and other brands.

Also a Lexus V8 filter Pn PH16, should work too but I havent tried it yet.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I dont think that exact # crosses over to fram and the like, however what K&N does for their filters is give equivilent #s from the same filter from a different company since most of the auto shops dont have books that include K&N part numbers, just Purolator, Fram, and the like.

For example, the exact K&N filter #s for the MkIII are Fram's PH3614 / DG3614 / PH7575 and PH966B; the Purolator ones are L10028 / L1024...meaning all of these that are listed have the same thread size and could potentially be used on a 7M.

Oh, and for the record, the K&N oil filter for the 7M-GTE is HP-1002. Might want to sticky this.

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
Stock:
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Height: 3.36
O.D.: 2.98
Threads: 3/4-16
Thread Pitch: UNF-2B
Relief Valve P.S.I.: 12-17

Purolator L20195 or Fram 3600 (you can cross-reference it to others):
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Height: 4.74
O.D.: 2.98
Threads: 3/4-16
Thread Pitch: UNF-2B
Relief Valve P.S.I.: 12-15

To find make/model, go to the purolator site, and click on "where used" from the "vehicle application" menu:
http://www.pureoil.com/

P

PunaMKlll

the wix filters are bigger than the fram ones but im not shure if the turbo supra wix filter is the same size as the n/a ones

Oper8or

Apr 21, 2005
Greenback, TN.
Orion ZyGarian said:
Dont know why anyone would be using a Fram though...I've only heard horror stories from them..

If you love your baby, nothing less than Purolator / K&N / Mobil 1 etc. should be used IMO.

Yeah I remeber someone having it in thier sig how they felt about Fram. Something to do with a spoon. Fram :bigun2:

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Purolator L20195 -- Found it written on an old piece of paper at the bottom of one of my drawers when I was cleaning :) This sucker is 2x the size of our stock filter and fits perfectly in the stock location!