The down side of my new supra

92Turbo

hondas suck
Apr 19, 2005
NJ
Well I bought my car from a local private seller a few weeks ago. At the time it was running great with no smoke or knock. After sitting in my yard for a few days, I started it and too my surprise I saw plenty of blue smoke. At the toyota dealer it failed a compression test. After removing the head they find and aftermarket head gasket, and the head was not properly torqued down. Apparently the last owner drove the car in this condition for a period of time...needless to say I am now having to replace almost everything in my engine bay. This post is not intended to bring anyone down,I just need to rant about my day.

Thanks,
Steve

92Turbo

hondas suck
Apr 19, 2005
NJ
I paid 6500 for the car, it was owned by a younger person before me. When I get the car back it may be up for sale, it will be in pretty much mint condition.

Turkish

Apr 4, 2005
If you are having all that work done you might as well keep it, you wont get back what u have put into it, its sad but its a truth :(

92Turbo

hondas suck
Apr 19, 2005
NJ
I have not decided yet if I will sell or not, I am still not sure how Im gonna pay for all the work that is being done. After I get the car back I will have to see if I can afford to keep it or not. I will post it on here if I do decide to sell it.

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
92Turbo said:
Well I bought my car from a local private seller a few weeks ago. At the time it was running great with no smoke or knock. After sitting in my yard for a few days, I started it and too my surprise I saw plenty of blue smoke. At the toyota dealer it failed a compression test. After removing the head they find and aftermarket head gasket, and the head was not properly torqued down. Apparently the last owner drove the car in this condition for a period of time...needless to say I am now having to replace almost everything in my engine bay. This post is not intended to bring anyone down,I just need to rant about my day.

Thanks,
Steve

were you informed of the problems? headgasket/valve seals before you:evildeal:

why do you need to replace everything in the enginebay? I thought it's just a headgasket.

92Turbo

hondas suck
Apr 19, 2005
NJ
I was not informed of the problembs, The person drove the car for some time with the coolant running through the pistons, and bearings. This wore away the piston rings, and was harmful to the bearings, so while the motor is apart, I am having it bebuilt. I could just do the head gasket, but chances are I would have lower end problembs very soon. This was advised to me by a toyota tech that I know and trust. The bottom line is that this will cost me about 4K.

92Turbo

hondas suck
Apr 19, 2005
NJ
'Where in NJ are you?'

Im from south jersey, the town is Atco, if your farmiliar with the area.