Painted up my I/C Pipes

Paradox

20G Boostin'
Apr 5, 2005
Canada, eh
www.pxi.ath.cx
i was planning on getting my I/C pipes powdercoated or chromed, but basically gave in and just painted em with some high-temp paint. also cleaned up the engine bit.

i was looking through what paints i had around the shop and used this gun-metal. trouble is i forget where i bought it and i gotta find more :icon_bigg

heres a pic.

engine-gunmetal.jpg

Paradox

20G Boostin'
Apr 5, 2005
Canada, eh
www.pxi.ath.cx
i found the can! forget where i got this from, probably NAPA or Lordco since thats where i buy most of my paints.

its VHT hi-temp engine enamel. SP-997 Cast Iron

pretty sure its from lordco, i need to get some more to put a few more coats on those pipes so i'll let ya know! :)

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Paradox said:
i found the can! forget where i got this from, probably NAPA or Lordco since thats where i buy most of my paints.

its VHT hi-temp engine enamel. SP-997 Cast Iron

pretty sure its from lordco, i need to get some more to put a few more coats on those pipes so i'll let ya know! :)

I was just at Lordco looking at paint and saw that stuff, I'll have to remember this when i do my IC pipes.

Paradox

20G Boostin'
Apr 5, 2005
Canada, eh
www.pxi.ath.cx
GrimJack said:
While you are at it, take some more pics of that IC pipe routing... looks like it goes through the snorkel hole. Where did you get the pipes?

i have some more pics from when i first installed the pipes awhile back. i'll have to take a boo for 'em.

they are defcon pipes, the upper pipe is pretty awesome fitment and quality but the lower pipe never worked out for me. probably due to my turbo plate adapter, however NashMan tried it on his car and it was too long with the stock CT26 :icon_eek: so i think that was just a bad design on defcons behalf. probably one of the many reasons they went out of business ;)

even tho defcon was a horrible company i really like the upper pipe and the bends are very cleanly done.

as for the pipes they are coated aluminum.. polishing them woulda been a bitch.

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
Hahahaha, I have the defcon pipes too....

The lower pipe took me 4 hours to install and it still kinda rubs on the front swaybar.

I had to take out the AFM, Accordian hose, wastegate actuator, lower rad hose, intercooler, oil cooler, and upper IC pipes to fit it.

I was thinking charcoal/gunmetal paint for mine and you've convinced me.

Grim: I have some pics here that show the routing a little more. They kinda head towards the passenger fender then head back the other direction; about a 90 degree maybe?

http://ghettomods.net/gallery/hardpipes