looking for 2j map sensor

Mar 31, 2005
us
well, since putting on my 2.5-3in downpipe and test pipe, i've been hitting boost cut on a regular basis. and it sucks. im really not wanting to go the fcd/bcc route, but rather replace the map sensor with one from a 2jz and then tune it with a safc. i think the jdm one would be best, but i've heard of people using the usdm one too. however, since the stock 1j injectors are 370cc and the jdm mk4 are 440cc, it would be less of a jump to use a jdm map than using using the us since the us has 550's. right? so let me know if you have one or know where to get one. thanks
clayton

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
Quote from Flubyux2 on a SF thread he started:

FYI guys... the USDM 2JZ pressure sensor is identical to the JDM 2JZ map sensor... in fact, they are one and the same.

Mar 31, 2005
us
defiant, so let me get this straight. the us 2jz does not have a "map sensor", but its "pressure sensor" is identical to the jdm 2jz map sensor? so is a map sensor and a pressure the exact same thing with two names, or is it the same thing used in two different ways (jdm=map, us=press.) ??
defiant, do you have that link to flub's post? sorry, i'm just trying to understand how this all works together. thanks for your imput!