greddy type s

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
ive searched first and really didnt find an answer to my question, unless i happened to skip over it, but...i was looking into purchasing a greddy type s and i know that vents to atmospher. However does anyone know if they sell kits that would recirculate that air just like the stock bov and return it to the stock intake pipe. If anyone can point me in the direction of a website where they sell a kit, that would be appreciated.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
The Type S does vent to atmosphere. No, no kits available for recirc in our cars, mine runs fine venting to the atmosphere. However if you do want it recirculated I suggest going to Napa or the likes and experimenting with different hose sizes. The port on the BOV is larger than the port in the accordian pipe however, so you'd need to reduce hose size at some point.

Josh Sulsberger

Down for whatever
Apr 9, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.greddy.com sells threaded outlet adapters:
OUTLET ADAPTER Type S 16mm 11900481 $15.00
OUTLET ADAPTER Type S 19mm 11900482 $15.00
OUTLET ADAPTER Type S 29mm 11900483 $15.00

Double check, but I think that the 19mm should be just right. Then go find some hose at the parts store that's the right size. Cut to length, and you are good to go. You should evenbe able to use your old spring clips from the OEM setup.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
ok say i cant recirculate...what would i have to do with the stock bov and intake pipe. Do i have to completely remove the old bov and what do i use to plug up the old holes in the pipe

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
a bypass cap from the auto parts store. Its designed to block off heater hoses, kind of line the one at the back passenger side of your engine. The come in like 1/2 , 5/8, 3/4, and 1"

Josh Sulsberger

Down for whatever
Apr 9, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Why can't you recirculate?
Anyhow, I think that Greddy orignally intended it to run in parallel the stocker. In that case, no you wouldn't have to remove or plug anything.
You can tee off of the line feeding the stock bypass and run both (my 7MGTE kit came with the tee?).
Otherwise, you can use the caps that gixxer is referring to.