Music Thread.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Since music and cars go together, i just wanted to start this thread to find out what bands you all like, so we could share local bands or up coming groups.

ok to start:
I found this band a while ago and their music kicks so much ass. its punk rock
the name of the Group is: Hidden in Plain View. the song Bleed For You. is very good. also the Group: The postal Service has awesome relaxing music that is perfect for driving.

so what stuff u all got to share?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I love driving to a variety of music, so long as it's not pop, classical, polka or country music. I can handle almost anything else. What.. do you want "favorite bands" or something?

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I think that was the idea. I personally really like to listen to either techno or rock when I drive and I'm not listening to my engine's music. Since I often find I am alone in my love for techno, "saliva" has some really good rock songs for driving. I've got tonnes more if you want em. It might take me a while to find my cd's though, especially since my computer just crashed and I had to format.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I necciarilly dont need them i have 16k+ songs,
i just thought it would be cool to share new bands and stuff with everyone.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Anomili said:
I think that was the idea. I personally really like to listen to either techno or rock when I drive and I'm not listening to my engine's music. Since I often find I am alone in my love for techno, "saliva" has some really good rock songs for driving. I've got tonnes more if you want em. It might take me a while to find my cd's though, especially since my computer just crashed and I had to format.

you're not alone in your techno.....when I'm cruising, I like to listen to rock, metal, techno, punk, anything that really strikes my fancy. Sometimes it's classical.....but never country and very few rap songs

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Hidden in Plain View is good stuff I had some of their stuff a while ago. When I'm driving, I'm big into rock and hardcore, it gets me charged up. Few current favorites are Comeback Kid, Trivium, and Beloved... tons others, just don't feel like listing 'em all. :)

-J

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I if I have to name bands, I enjoy Disturbed, Powerman 5000, Professional Murder music, Tool and A Perfect Circle most, I think.. but I usually just mix up some MP3's, put 'em on a couple CDs and that keeps me happy for a few months. A few tracks in the electronica genre always seems to make it on the CDs, but it isn't my favorite.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
jbsupra89t said:
Hidden in Plain View is good stuff I had some of their stuff a while ago. When I'm driving, I'm big into rock and hardcore, it gets me charged up. Few current favorites are Comeback Kid, Trivium, and Beloved... tons others, just don't feel like listing 'em all. :)

-J

this is wat i was talking about music wise like i have never heard of the group
Comeback Kid, i found one of their songs and it kicks ass

what about Alexisonfire.
they hard rock

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
Well for everyone who loves techno, I definitely recommend "Call on me by erik prydz." For those of you that don't like techno, I suggest you watch the music video for this song, then get back to me. My ultimate favorite songs to drive to, when in the supra, are Born to be wild and Magic carpet ride by Steppenwolf. For some reason these songs, evne though they were made in the late 60's, make me feel like I was a part of the 80's when my supra was the undisputed best.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Anomili said:
For some reason these songs, evne though they were made in the late 60's, make me feel like I was a part of the 80's when my supra was the undisputed best.

what do u mean was, umm Still is.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
lol in here it is and to me it is, but back in the 80's you didn't have the ricers out there with their bs attitudes. There was no F&F or 2F&2F or any of that shit. My dad told me stories when I was younger about a gang called the "supra gang" because they only stole supras and then they'd outrun the police. Nowadays, it just isn't as simple.
But in my mind, the supra will always be the best !!!

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I think the reason I love those songs so much was because last summer when I was driving to my uncles house on one of my precious few mid project drives I listened to them with the targa off and the turbo spooling. Then just before I got to his house I stopped fully at a stop sign just to notice a cop there watching for roll through stops. I hate it when they act all parasitic like that! So I just sat at the sign and waved at the cop, pointed him out to my younger brother and laughed loudly before leaving. It was an amazing memory of driving the supra.

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
D34DC311 said:
this is wat i was talking about music wise like i have never heard of the group
Comeback Kid, i found one of their songs and it kicks ass

what about Alexisonfire.
they hard rock

Yea man Alexisonfire is good stuff... if you haven't already, you might wanna check out Saosin, It Dies Today, Hopesfall, and the Mars Volta. :evildeal:

-J

L

lanky189

I like Flight of the Valkyeries played way too loud.
Also. Slowride by Foghat.

L

lanky189

gotta admit it.. I'm an oasis fan, Definetly Maybe is a good cd..