Clinton's Power Blue '89T! (dialup disclaimer)

Clinton

Power Blue!!
Apr 8, 2005
Sacramento, CA
Well, I finally got off my arse and cropped these pics, and optimized them for JPEG. I've been embarassed to post the versions that Photobucket compressed :p

These were taken two days after I bought her, last year. She's currently in storage waiting for me to bring her up to canada!

anyway, I'll let the pics speak for themselves. Enjoy!

p11919_1.jpg

p11919_2.jpg

p11919_3.jpg

p11919_4.jpg

p11919_5.jpg

CCC

solid400

Apr 8, 2005
Atlanta GA
Damn dude you have the exact same car as I do minus the chrome rims, but same interior and exterior. But I just painted mine. Looks a lot better than mine did though!

Clinton

Power Blue!!
Apr 8, 2005
Sacramento, CA
Anomili said:
Just out of curiousity, how did you get the sawblades chrome? I remember hearing a rumor once that they were chrome, but painted over. I really don't know about that though.

My chrome sawblades are factory. :)

Apparantly, it was a rare option. The only other place I've seen chrome sawblades is on an aussie white car somewhere (forget where) and I've been toying with the idea of having him ship them over here (he replaced his)

Grim: HAH about the lenghtened shifter :p It actually feels very short to me after the 3-speed+low range floor shifter on the M37 my stepdad has :p When I got my MkIII I nearly put the shifter through the radio getting into third, I was expecting a much longer throw with more effort :p

Loki: :doublebir you'd better HAVE a supra for Suprafest :p

Anyway, stuff I forgot to mention:

She's got 208,000 miles on her, original engine, top end redone at 100k, because the owner's mechanic advised it. I need to check her headbolts before I drive her on up here. The transmission shifts silky-smooth, and without fuss or hassle, which amazes me for such a high-mileage tranny. I've driven cars with half the mileage that sound like they're using gravel instead of gear oil.

I'm theoretically the third owner, but really the second one. The first owner leased it for a year, and then took it back and got a new one, the previous owner bought it off the toyota lot as certified preowned, and had had it ever since :)

She's not totally perfect, there are some things going on with her, she runs like a champ, but has very minor trouble getting started in the morning (twice the cranking time) but what old lady doesn't :p She shoots a little blue, due to the leaky valve cover seals, and the poor turbo is pretty well dead. She sucks quite a bit of oil, (a quart every two tanks, better than my friend's tercel -- every 60 miles you stopped and added 2 quards XD) but that's to be expected.

I'm planning on dropping a rebuilt engine into her, and then tearing this one apart and building it bulletproof over a period of a few years.

anyway, that's about all :p

CCC

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
er im not too sure about the chrome sawblades a factory option.

but anyway, i love california and palm trees! more scenic pics please!

oh i love supras too, more pictures of all the afformentioned items.

Clinton

Power Blue!!
Apr 8, 2005
Sacramento, CA
lagged said:
er im not too sure about the chrome sawblades a factory option.

but anyway, i love california and palm trees! more scenic pics please!

oh i love supras too, more pictures of all the afformentioned items.

the centre caps say "TOYOTA" on them, they don't look like they've been done outside the factory.

CCC

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
nope. they're polished.
as far as the center caps.... chrome paint anyone? chrome bumper paint.
i like the way they look. i wouldnt want to make them look that way... all that work for sawblades.... dont get me wrong. if i had 'em i'd rock 'em.

very clean and nice supe!

Clinton

Power Blue!!
Apr 8, 2005
Sacramento, CA
supra90turbo said:
nope. they're polished.
as far as the center caps.... chrome paint anyone? chrome bumper paint.
i like the way they look. i wouldnt want to make them look that way... all that work for sawblades.... dont get me wrong. if i had 'em i'd rock 'em.

very clean and nice supe!

Eighties style all the way!

sawblades == awesome! (IMHO of course :p )

though I have an attraction to eighties cars :p my daily is a 1985 Volvo 760GLE :p

CCC

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Clinton said:
Eighties style all the way!

sawblades == awesome! (IMHO of course :p )

though I have an attraction to eighties cars :p my daily is a 1985 Volvo 760GLE :p

CCC

YAY!! someone else with a love for sawblades!! and I will have a car for SupraFest, you better have yours up here :aigo: