A/F Guage wiring?

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Just got an autometer a/f gauge. Anyone know which wire to tap off of the o2 sensor to get the correct reading? My options are Tan/ Black with Pink strip / ro Pink with Green strip. Thanks for help.

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
tap into the ECU
Go to the Apexi site and look for the diagram under the Wiring instructions for the auto timer. it will show you where the pin out for the 02 sensor is. then just take the purple wire from your gauge and tap it into that wire. You will also want to use the ECU's power and Ground. You get better results that way.
Good luck,

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Ok, I found the info, Is it OK to tap the wires at the O2 sensor, I would prefer to do it that way. Will it still be the same signal? Thanks

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
In your little diagnostic connector by the battery, there is an "O2" terminal. It directly connects to the O2 sensor. You can splice it in there, quite easily without butchering any wires.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
Or do it really right, and just get a wideband. I had a narrow band autometer, junked it after a week really is just a useless light show, and went with AEM wideband. Check out www.plxdevices.com for a cheaper one, or horsepowerfreaks.com for a decent price on AEM.

~scott

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Dont mean to hijwck this thread...but which model of the wideband controller on the PLX website do i choose? M-200,M-250,M-300,M-400,M-500...

I just want the basic wideband O2 sensor and display unit...

Cheers,
roy