Problems With New Suspension

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Yesterday I installed my KYB AGX struts (front) and GR-2 (rear) along with eibach springs from 935motorsports. The car looks tights. However when I turn it makes a grinding noise of metal on metal. The guy who mounted the springs onto my struts said that the fronts were a little loose after intsalling the upper strut mount. I hope to get pillowball strut mounts for all 4 corners eventually. Anyone have any suggestions on what is going on and a fix to this. :dunno:

also not related to the suspesion but I found coolant and oil on my spark plugs and wires. WTF

thanks

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
My buddy did this with his cavalier. Did they put all the peices back on when they switched springs? My buddy forgot to put the top plate back on for the springs so it was basically just sitting in there... Just something you might want to check.

He, however, swore up and down he put everything back on. I just hope he doesn't ever buy a Supra.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I'll have to check that everything is fine. I have a feeling though that it is the Adj. struts for a MKIV supra and springs for a MKIII. Possible? Anyone else buy this set up from 935 motorsports.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
then the problem is not sus related. the steering bumpstop bolts are supposed to have plastic caps on them and should be greased. sounds like you don't have any caps or grease.....they're like $.50 @ toyo....

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The shocks in our cars aren't actually "struts" they're coilovers and don't have much at all to do with steering loads!

Listen to DrJ it's a 50c fix :)!

Pillow blocks and so on won't do a whole lot as the shock doesn't turn like in a Mac Strut front end!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
drjonez said:
eh, i think pillowballs do a good bit for road feel (and noise!) and they allow for better use of the springs (no deforming of the spring under load, etc.).
Really didn't think there would be a noticable difference guys!
(learning all the time)