Wiring instructions for putting a/t harness in a m/t car.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
origionally posted by suprarcr89:

I just got thru wiring up my 89 supra.
I put a 7mgte in with an a/t harness in my 89 m/t car. I used a 90' 7mgte 5spd ecu.

Look under the hood where you have the extra connectors for the auto trans. In that bunch there is a 3 wire round plug and a 6 wire round plug.
These are the connectors you need for the starter wiring and the reverse lights.

THE STARTER WIRING.

If your car was born a m/t then doing this does not overide the clutch safety switch.because the css is in with the body harness not the engine harness. On the 3 wire round plug connector take the two biggest wires and connect them. On my car they were black/blue and black/white. That solves the turning over problem.

THE REVERSE LIGHTS

On that same 3 plug connector there is a smaller wire. On my car this is red/black. Now to the 6 wire round plug connector, there is a yellow wire on it. Take the yellow wire from the 6 wire plug connector and the red/black wire from the 3 wire plug connector. Connect these wires to the reverse light connector from your original 5/spd harness. Then connect it to your trans. Now you have reverse lights.

both of these wiring mods have worked in my 89 M/T car and i do have to press the clutch to start it so i didnt overide the clutch saftey switch.

These wiring colors are the same for 89-92 not sure about the earlier models.