Mk3 vs Mustang GT

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
This is quite funny, actually, well worth telling.

I was getting gas the other day, and the young guy working the pump walks around to the driver's side window, looks down into the car and asks me, "Hey, these are pretty quick, right?" I tell him they can be, it's not a whole lot of work or money to make them fun to drive.

He looks at his shoes for a minute, then says, "Ya, I was riding with my buddy in his Mustang GT a while back. We lined up against one of these at a stoplight. We figured we were going to smoke him!" At this point I'm smiling pretty widely, you can tell where this is going. "He whipped us pretty bad," the fellow says.

At this point I'm just laughing out loud. He asks some more about pricing, and mods to get to make them fast and such, then my fuel is done and I'm away, grinning all the while. :)

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
haha yeah... i remember pulling the shit out of an orange mustang GT with intake exhaust and a few other things...while all i had was an intake and exhaust myself..stock turbo etc...

at the next stop light once he caught up he rolled the window down just enough to talk to me and i noticed how he had a hot gf whom apparently he didnt want me seeing or looking at lmao...

good stuff...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i had a similar encounter before i blew my tranny. at the bridge in kingston, there are two toll booths. i went in the left one, a black mustang GT in the right. he definately had an exhaust, because it sounded real badass. both of our little toll pole things went up at the same time, i coasted out in first, so did he. i looked over at him and he waved, as if saying 'goodbye!' i floored it in first, slammed second, and tapped third. (didnt want to speed too much on the bridge) well, either the guy was a horrible driver, or i just plain handed him his ass.

7mgte, fidanza lwfw, clutchmasters stage III, BIC ddp running into stock N/A exhaust.

i owned him, and the look on his face was priceless when i pulled him too!

-shaeff

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Yea I have an little bet with my friend who has an '04 GT.
His mods: Cat-back, H-pipe, 3.73's, and Diablo programmer.
My mods: see profile. At 12psi we're even 1-3 then I pull him in 4th. We're gonna see what happens at the track tho! I will be running 13psi after I do the 12v fuel pump mod. I think I should get him tho it will be close.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
yea not many people pay attention to mkIII unless they were driving when it came out on the market. im 17 and very few people my age understand its capabilities most of the people who ask about it were 17 or older when it came out and they are the ones who are like "wow son those cars can haul"

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
what mods do I need to take dowm a stang gt?
Friend of mine has a 98 mustang GT convertible with X pipe and magaflow exhaust with 2 bullets. The stang is 5 speed.
I have a 87 supra turbo 5 speed with K&N filter, 3" exhaust , no cats, N1 muffler, 3" DP and turbo elbow ported. Do I have a chance with this mods?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
blacksupra said:
what mods do I need to take dowm a stang gt?
Friend of mine has a 98 mustang GT convertible with X pipe and magaflow exhaust with 2 bullets. The stang is 5 speed.
I have a 87 supra turbo 5 speed with K&N filter, 3" exhaust , no cats, N1 muffler, 3" DP and turbo elbow ported. Do I have a chance with this mods?

you should toast him, as long as you're not a bad driver. maybe boost up a little more.

-shaeff

Travisimo

I need a job
Apr 9, 2005
Sonoma, California
americanjebus said:
yea not many people pay attention to mkIII unless they were driving when it came out on the market. im 17 and very few people my age understand its capabilities most of the people who ask about it were 17 or older when it came out and they are the ones who are like "wow son those cars can haul"
Most true, I remember talkin to some 50 year old guy about my car. I think I started it, complimenting his 350z. He talked about when they first came out and how cool they are/were. I'm 16 and a lot of my friends aren't to knowledgable about cars. A lot of kids also think because it wasn't in F&F, its not a Supra.
Questions I've been asked
How come I can hear you shifting?
Do you have flow masters on it?
(After I pop the hood) Does it have a turbo?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
the qeustion i get when i tell someone i have a supra is
is it twin turbo,
how fast is it <-how do you answer that 0-60 1/4 mile, top speed, torque what!! i just say, "it has 20 fast points"

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
I was crusing thru fresno... not doin anything... and these 2 hicks with a BRAND new gt (paper plates) pull up and gun the engine... I looked over smiled (as i smiled, I hit the high(er) boost button(12 psi)) downshifted to 2nd, he jumped i gassed it... I SMOKED HIM. Literaly DISTROYED him... he turned left ASAP

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
I had a completely Stock one that would pull on my friends 96 GT. I got smoked everytime. Before she blew I upped the boost by just a couple of lbs (to about 8 or 9) from stock. I ran neck and neck with his full Exhaust+intake equipped Stang. Both were automatic. He has a SC now, and mine don't run, so no contest anymore. Anyhow, He was impressed with the capabilites vs his mildly modded stang.