need help

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
I took my supra to a shop and they adjusted the tps sensor , checked all the hoses for no vacumm. The main problem is the idle it stays at 900 rpms.
They told me to get the idle screw cuz mine it's messed up and the cold injector cuz in the morning my car is taking a bit longer but after that it starts right away.
The idle moves a bit .

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
blacksupra said:
I took my supra to a shop and they adjusted the tps sensor , checked all the hoses for no vacumm. The main problem is the idle it stays at 900 rpms.
They told me to get the idle screw cuz mine it's messed up and the cold injector cuz in the morning my car is taking a bit longer but after that it starts right away.
The idle moves a bit .

the idle should be at 650-700rpm, regardless of idle screw. it should be rock steady. you should not ever have to touch that screw, which is the main reason that it's capped off in the first place. the CSI (cold start injector) time switch might be to blame for the bad cold starts. i'd check that out before replacing the actual CSI.

-shaeff

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
If the idle is jumpy my first guess would be to check vaccum lines, but you said you already did that.

Hmmm???

When's the last time you put new plugs and wires and changed fuel and air filters? Maybe a tune-up is in order.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
idle should be a little on the high side when the motor is cool and then drop to 650 after there has been sufficient time to warm up.