pic of head & manifold for egr setup

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
hey ya'll

was just browing the jblmk3 site and noticed that he sells a big ass plate for the back of the head to block off egr.... WHY?

has anyone got a pic of the back of their head so i can compare to mine... block off here consists of two diamond shaped plates... one for head and one for manifold... did they change usdm drastically or something?

Race Bred

Mar 30, 2005
Tallahassee, Fl
the big plate is to block off the egr cooler. This is one of the big benefits of egr delete as it gets some heat away from #6 cyl. If the head is off the car, the best solution (imo) is to get it tapped for a pipe plug. Then you would run a plate on the manifold and the plug from the #6 exhaust port on the back of the head.

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
heres the best pic i have for the head at the mo... i see in the middle we have a huge ass allen key bolt... is yours open?
see on the right side (exhaust) of the head is two bolt holes... thats where one of the diamond plates go and the other one goes on the intake manifold.. the left side of the head (intake) is left open as it goes out thru the intake manifold and goes nowhere anyhow hehe

head.jpg

excuse my leaking hg :p

Race Bred

Mar 30, 2005
Tallahassee, Fl
ohhh you dont have egr from the factory. Forgot about that little detail... On a usdm car there is a cooler that spans the whole back of the head (uses the 8 small bolt holes). I woud source the jdm plate for the exhaust port or just tap it and use a pipe plug... The head is the same, jbl just sells a different style block off. They all do the same thing. I would trust the diamond block off or pipe plug over the plate as there will still be a small gap from the gasket if the 'big ass plate' is used. That will still allow some heat to get back there, and you would have to run a plate on the intake manifold (unless they are blocked off from the factory on the jspec/nz cars cars).

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
so you would prefer the diamond shaped plates rather than the big one due to a possibility of leakage?
you can see from the pic above the shape of the block off plate for the head... we have the same plate bolted to the intake manifold

so you can use these two plates as block off plates for your cars and it will work?

evildoer

Apr 4, 2005
Augusta, Georgia
suprra_girl said:
so tell me again why you block the intake side one on the head?

theres only two places you need to block right?
no all you need is to block the exhaust side that pic the head is upside down
exhaust side number 6 lets off gases that normally the egr would push back thru the intake side so if exhaust side is blocked off then no gases escape