New to the supra. And new to here

Is this supra worth 2k?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

stehl

At the moment I'm looking into buying a pre 90's supra and this is what i'm looking into(below). Now from i can remember my father about 18 years ago won a supra from a raffle and both of us loved this car until someone stoled it. And i never really got into that car because i was only about 10-12 at the time and he never drove it. but I'm looking to enjoy and tune. so I'm from Chicago(Bridgeport) and looking for others that have the knowledge i need and would give the advice i need.
http://www.fengauto.com/details.aspx?id=%20JT2MA71J6K011173&img=3311

StehL
Chicago IL

Last edited by a moderator:
S

stehl

And this place is freaking great. I'm learning tons just from reading the treads. thank you all for posting and sharing.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Overall looks in pretty good shape, and $2k is a whole lot better than I did. After living the Supra experience for a while, I would probably be proactive and just do a HG from the start with ARP's, or that and more if you plan on performance mods. = no worries :)

Just be sure to listen for rod knock and get a chance to get the engine up to temp so you can look for any symptoms on bhg before you lay down any cash!

What are your plans?

S

stehl

well im always into learning about random stuff and i have a thing for 80's decade cars, i really dont know why but i only buy and look at at them in the lots and online. i guess i just want to see what i can do to push this car up a couple of hp and have a car that i liked as a child. would like to see if there is a buying guide and things to look for. i haven't had the time to make it over to the dealer and really run the car and get the temp up on it. The gentleman that is the owner of the lot is a smug man that really doesn't want to talk unless if you flash the cash. he mostly deals with the parents or who ever has the cash showing. Im 30 and still get this i don't care if i sell the car attitude.. Now from what im told that the engine at 130k would be the cars big downfall but the body and frame is looking nice for the age. so doing the head gasket and arp bolts would be something i would do after i got the car home. What are we looking at for a hg? I need to learn the good from the bad parts on these cars and this is my downfall. I look at high cost first then then to buy the midrange parts. if if anyone has raves about a good hg please let me know...

S

stehl

i sent a msg to a guy on myspace that might live close to me and might help me with taking a look and run the car before i drop the cash. i told him i give him some cash for his time(30 minutes) and the knowledge he has would be a great starting point for me to learn and help me gain the confidence needed. Plus im looking for a mechanic(chicago area) that would work on the important repairs that i dont have the skills or tools needed with the skills and loves to tune.